Effective February 26, 2020
Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT) Certification Exams
has moved and is offering more dates & locations!
Exams are now provided by PSI/AMP
See the information below for more details and how to find the Exam schedule & locations
(exam fee is $102.00 and is payable to PSI/AMP when you register for the exam).
- You are not permitted to take this exam unless you meet one of the following required criteria:
- Completed a 32-hour backflow related course and hold a certificate of completion.(click here to see Training Providers list for 32-hour course offerings)
- Backflow Certified in another state or through a national certification and desire a Georgia Certification.
- Need to retake the exam due to a previous failing exam score.
- You must pass the exam with a score of 70 or above.
- The exam has a 100 question written portion.
- If you do not pass the exam you must wait 30 days before retaking the exam.
- An education level of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required to take the exam.
- If you are already registered for the 32-hour course, you may go ahead and register for the exam before you complete the course.
Click Here - Go Amp Testing Registration
(under Category select "Water/Wastewater", under Program select "GAWP BPAT", under Exam select "GAWP BPAT EXAM")
NOTE: A student can take a distribution practice exam from ABC by following the link
(Select ABC Distribution):
After passing the exam click here for steps to applying for your BPAT/Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester certification and wallet card.