This course is designed to help utilities get to the next level once the AWWA Water Audits have been completed. The audits is a regulated requirement in Georgia for utilities that service a population of 3,300 or more. This audit is required to be turned in every year by March 1st. Along with the audit, utilities are also required to have a Water Loss Control Program in place. The Component Analysis tool is something that will guide that program for each utility based on their needs in an effort to reduce real water loss.
***This workshop is eligible for 5 Water Operator Recertification Points
Amber Whisner- Chair Water Loss Control Committee, City of Dallas, GA
Johanna Smith, Surface Water Unit Manager - GA EPD
Jennifer Arp, Cherokee County Water Authority
Eric Swett,- Co-Chair Water Loss Control Committee, Gwinnett County
Brian Skeens, P.E.- Jacobs
Larry Lewison - Cavanaugh & Associates
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DAY OF THE WORKSHOP
- For this online training session participants are required to turn their equipment (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone) video cameras on so that GAWP staff can confirm their participation during the entire training session. Those who fail to do so will not be awarded recertification points. This is a requirement of the GA Water & Wastewater Treatment Board of Examiners / GA Secretary of State
- All registrants will receive the Zoom meeting information on May 18
- Each participant first and last name should be listed correctly once they join the training session. If you need to adjust your name, click on the “participants” tab and you’ll see everyone signed on. Choose your name and you should see an option to “rename”.
Click here to learn how to change your name in a Zoom meeting
- All participants will be muted upon joining the training session
- Participants can ask questions using the Zoom Chat feature. Simply choose “chat” and you’ll see the chat window appear
- You can also use the ‘Thumbs up’ and ‘Clap’ reactions
- Click on “participants” to see who’s participating in the meeting
- In the top right corner of the screen, you have the “gallery view” or “speaker view”. Choose “gallery view” to see who all is in the training session with you
- It’s recommended to have your video camera close to eye level for the best view
- Be yourself and respect others
Student Tips for Participating in online learning - Click HERE
Click below to download a copy of the agenda
Need to transfer a registration to another person?
Only employees of GAWP Corporate & Utility Members will be permitted to request invoicing. All cancellations must be received in writing on company letterhead two weeks prior to the date of the class. After the two week deadline, you are no longer eligible for refunds but substitutions are welcome. No refunds for those who register and fail to attend.