H2Opportunity Meeting Agenda - GAWP HQ
Friday, March 15th, 2019
1. Approval of Minutes from 01.30.19
2. Welcome and Introductions
3. Key Message – Kim Holland
H2Opportunity! Career Path for Water Protection from GED to PhD
- Purpose: Make a difference in your world
- Protect: Your environment & community
- Pathway: To your future
4. Objectives for 2018/2019:
a) Promote jobs in the Georgia Water Industry
i. Promote Usage of GAWP Career Center by Utility Members and Corporate Sponsors.
b) Connect interested and qualified candidates with jobs in the Georgia Water Industry
i. CEFGA Career Expo, in partnership with Membership Committee (Thursday March 21 and Friday March 22)
ii. Ensure the Career Center is easy to use.
5. Reports from Project Champions, Dream Teams and Sub-Committee Chairs
(a) Publication Sub-Committee Chair: Lindsey Sargent, Tara Brown
Spring Article. Internships (Lora and Lindsey)
Summer Article. CEFGA Report (Submittal Deadline – April 8th)
(b) Program Sub-Committee Chair: Sarah Skinner
Session One - Sustainable Connections Internship Program (Crystal Jackson, ARC)
Session Two - "Educating GA Water Professionals: The Next Chapter of GWWI"? (Jim Poff, GWWI)
Session Three – Panel Discussion: Raising Up The Next Generation of Water Professionals (Crystal Jackson, ARC; Jim Poff, GWWI, Kim Holland, MW)
Session One – Atlanta Workforce Development Strategies (Kishia Powell, COA)
Session Two – WEF Inflow: Introducing Future Leaders to Opportunities in Water (Ifetayo Venner, Arcadis/ WEF Delegate)
Session Three – Panel Discussion: Strengthening the Water Workforce (Kishia Powell, COA; Ifetayo Venner, Arcadis; H. Bernard Franks, CCWA)
(c) Member Sub-Committee Chair: Sarah Skinner
· Budget submitted for 2018/ 2019 (Total = $5,725.00)
(Trademark: $725, Middle School Flyers: $500, Giveaways (Water Pouches, Stickers for Expo): $3,300, Expo Registration: $1200)
(d) Outreach Sub-Committee Chair: Lindsey Sargent (co-chair), Christine Rubel (co-chair), Christine Yi and Kim Holland
· Updates on Twitter account: Fix a Leak Week, WaterSense EPA campaign for Water Conservation.
· LinkedIn: Determine best way for use by H2Opportunity.
· H2Opportunity Calendar
· Future: Create a database of statewide contacts that we can utilize to promote H2Opportunities and form partner programs to connect with potential water industry young professionals. – 2019/2020
(e) Internship/ Job Sub-Committee Chair: Lora Amedu and Kim Holland
Formulate and manage a sustainable program which connects interested potential water professionals to opportunities.
6. New ideas for 2018/2019: Innovation Task Force
Schedule next meeting: