Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 GAWP Education Awards
Education Awards of Excellence will be given in two categories. These categories shall be:
• Education Program of Excellence – submission is for single topic area (i.e. water conservation/water supply, wastewater/sewer or watershed/stormwater)
• Comprehensive Education Program of Excellence – submission is for comprehensive program of two or more topic areas
Judging Criteria and Minimum Requirements:
• Applicants may refer to the Judge’s Scoring Sheet to review criteria used for evaluating the submissions.
• A minimum score of 90% MUST be realized in order for a program to be recognized with an Education Award of Excellence based on the Judge’s Scoring Sheet. This applies for both types of awards. In order to be awarded a Comprehensive Education Program of Excellence, the applicant must score at least 90% for each applicable program area.
• Awards will be given based on utility size as follows:
- Small size
- Medium size
- Large size
Programs are being evaluated for activities that occurred June 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017.
All supporting material must be included to determine eligibility for the award. This may include but is not limited to the program’s action plan, annual report, standard operating procedures, and evidence or documentation of program success, such as event promotional materials, news clips, feedback from the public and/or partners, photos or scrapbook items, etc. All supporting materials are to be uploaded below.
In addition, the following three awards may be selected from the submissions provided to the Selection Committee for Education Awards of Excellence. Awards in these categories are not mandatory, but based on the submission pool and evidence of exemplary program elements in the following categories:
• Innovative Initiatives Award - A creative program which uses an edgy or nonconventional approach to public outreach
• New Media Award – Exceptional digital and social media used to communicate issues and events
• Direct Media Award – Exceptional printed mass media piece that goes directly to customers (newsletters, bill inserts, brochures and collateral materials such as fliers, door hangers, etc.)
• All applicants must be GAWP Utility/Corporate members.
• The applicant must have completed one full year (12 months) of programming and developed a method of reporting their program outcomes (e.g. an annual report).
• All applicants must complete and upload (below) the Award Submission Form/Check List. Only submissions made online will be considered.
Submission Deadline: January 19, 2018
2018 Public Education Awards Application
(Award Submission Form/Check List must be completed and uploaded below. Other supporting material can also be uploaded below)