2018 Operator's Meritorious Service Award
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 6, 2018
This award recognizes one individual in the state each year who is a member of AWWA. This award is to recognize an individual in the water field who has demonstrated consistent and outstanding contributions to plant operations and/or maintenance to the distribution system and/or special acts not directly related to water treatment, but which demonstrate dedication to the public beyond normal operating responsibilities.
The 2018 Meritorious Service Award winner is eligible for up to a $2,000 reimbursement for conference registration and travel expenses for ACE 2019.
Top Op nominations are automatically entered into the pool of AWWA Meritorious Award nominations.
Purpose of the award: Recognition of special performance in one or more of the following:
- Continuous compliance with all public health standards in treated drinking water.
- Consistent and outstanding contribution to plant maintenance thereby prolonging the useful life of equipment.
- The development of new and/or modified equipment or significant process modifications to provide for more efficient and/or effective treatment.
- Special efforts in the training of treatment plant operators.
- Special acts not directly related to water treatment, but which demonstrate dedication to the public beyond the normal operating responsibilities.
- Consistent and outstanding contribution to operation and/or maintenance of distribution lines, pump stations and reservoirs.
- Eligibility for the award: Section members eligible to receive the Operator's Meritorious Service Award shall include any water supply or distribution individual who, during the time period of the meritorious activity, worked in any operations related capacity. Individual must be an Individual Member of GAWP and AWWA.