Diversity Committee Agenda
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
2. Approval of minutes from 09.20.16 Meeting
3. Champion of Diversity Award Updates – Committee members are asked to start making nominations. The deadline for submissions is April 14th, 2017.
4. Sub-Committee/ Special Project Reports:
Committee Vice Chair and Publication Sub-Committee Chair – Cornell Sims
· Current and future publication updates.
Membership Sub-Committee Chair – Marvin Richards
· Preparation for the upcoming Fall Conference.
· Discuss new banner design.
Committee Secretary and Community Outreach Sub-Committee Chair - Dwayne Tillman
Initial ideas for sub-committee:
A. To develop an outreach program to target those who are underrepresented in the water industry who are not currently active in GAWP.
B. Partner with other groups that provide workshops and offer points to water professionals while promoting diversity.
C. Educate/motivate lower level professionals and provide them with opportunities to move up the career ladder.
D. Middle School Mentorship Program - Volunteer for Model Water Tower Competition on Friday, October 21st 2016 in Fayette County. Brainstorm ideas for other outreach efforts.
5. Fall Conference Schedule – Session 16, Wednesday November 16th from 8:30AM to 9:30AM at Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, Dalton, GA
Session 1: Reaching Out to Your Community – Shayla Nealy, Clayton County Water Authority
Session 2: Celebrating Diversity in Plant Management (Panel Discussion) – Moderator: Keisha Lisbon Thorpe, PCWSA
Panelists: Joseph Spann, Fayette County; Connie Nelms, City of Carrollton; Eric Osborne, Henry County WSA
6. Project Assignments
7. Selection of Next Meeting Date