Diversity Committee Agenda
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016
2. Approval of minutes from 07.26.16 Meeting
3. Champion of Diversity Award Updates – Susana Lanier
4. Sub-Committee/ Special Project Reports:
- Committee Vice Chair and Publication Sub-Committee Chair – Cornell Sims
· Current and future publication updates.
- Membership Sub-Committee Chair – Marvin Richards
· Ideas for the upcoming Fall Conference.
- Committee Secretary and Community Outreach Sub-Committee Chair - Dwayne Tillman
Initial ideas for sub-committee:
A. To develop an outreach program to target those who are underrepresented in the water industry who are not currently active in GAWP.
B. Partner with other groups that provide workshops and offer points to water professionals while promoting diversity.
C. Educate/motivate lower level professionals and provide them with opportunities to move up the career ladder.
D. Middle School Mentorship Program- Dwayne Tillman to explore options to help fulfill this effort. Delissa Williams, Joseph Spann, and Cornell Sims are also involved and knowledgeable with educational programs for kids.
5. Initial ideas for Fall Conference – Session 16, Wednesday November 16th from 8:30AM to 9:30AM at Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, Dalton, GA
Session 1: Reaching Out to Your Community – Shayla Nealy, Clayton County Water Authority
Session 2: Celebrating Diversity in Plant Management (Panel Discussion) – Moderator: Keisha Lisbon Thorpe, PCWSA
Panelists: Joseph Spann, Fayette County; Connie Nelms, City of Carrollton
6. Project Assignments
7. Selection of Next Meeting Date