Diversity Committee Agenda
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Fayette County Water Treatment Plant
2. Approval of minutes from 06.28.16 Meeting
3. Nominate Cornell Sims for Committee Vice-Chair
4. Nominate Dwayne Tillman for Secretary
5. Honor Joseph Spann for winning the 2016/2017 Hugh A. Wyckoff Award
6. Report on 2016 Annual Conference – 7.10.16 to 7.13.16 Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
Diversity Session 20: Tuesday, July 12th 2:00PM to 3:30PM (Following Awards Ceremony)
Moderator: Cornell Sims
a. Understanding the Value of Diversity – Speaker: Lynda Murray-Blair, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, LLP
b. Advanced Analysis of the GAWP/ GAWWA Leadership Diversity Survey Results – Speaker: Donnell Duncan, P.E., S.E., Utility Service Group
c. Panel Discussion – The Role of Leadership Diversity in Advancing the Georgia Water Industry – Moderator: Keisha Lisbon Thorpe, Peachtree City Water Authority. Panelists: Bernard Franks, CCWA; Judy Jones, CCWS; Lynda Murray-Blair, KTS; Michael Diaz, CH2M
7. Champion of Diversity Award Updates – Susana Lanier
8. Sub-Committee/ Special Project Reports:
Publication Sub-Committee Chair – Cornell Sims
· Ideas for upcoming publications
Membership Sub-Committee Chair – Marvin Richards
· Ideas for the future
Community Outreach Sub-Committee Chair - Dwayne Tillman
Initial ideas for sub-committee (Additional sub-committee members: Gerald Fuller, Pamela Johnson and Cheryl McClelan)
A. To develop an outreach program to target those who are underrepresented in the water industry who are not currently active in GAWP.
B. Partner with other groups that provide workshops and offer points to water professionals while promoting diversity.
C. Educate/motivate lower level professionals and provide them with opportunities to move up the career ladder.
D. Middle School Mentorship Program- Dwayne Tillman to explore options to help fulfill this effort. Delissa Williams, Joseph Spann, and Cornell Sims are also involved and knowledgeable with educational programs for kids.
9. Initial ideas for Fall Conference – Tuesday November 15th – Wednesday November 16th at Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, Dalton, GA
10. Project Assignments
11. Selection of Next Meeting Date