If you will be using a GPS unit (Magellan, Garmin, TomTom, etc.) in your vehicle to drive to PCWASA, please put in an address of 1201 Highway 74 South, Peachtree City, GA 30269 (for exact location accuracy via GPS) instead of the 1127 Highway 74 South address.
Friday, April 22nd, 2016
Peachtree City WASA
2. Approval of minutes from 04.05.16 Meeting
3. Champion of Diversity Award Updates – Susana Lanier
4. Nominate Dwayne Tillman for Community Outreach Sub-Committee Chair
5. Sub-Committee/ Special Project Reports:
Publication Sub-Committee Chair – Cornell Sims
Brainstorm idea for an article for The Georgia Operator to be submitted by 05.05.16
Membership Sub-Committee Chair – Marvin Richards (with help from Keisha L. Thorpe)
Report on preparations for Spring Conference booth including giveaways.
Proposed Booth Schedule:
Tuesday, April 26th
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Michael Diaz and Joseph Spann
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Michael Diaz and Joseph Spann
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Marvin Richards and Keisha Thorpe
Wednesday, April 27th
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM: Marvin Richards, Donnell Duncan and Cornell Simms
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Marvin Richards, Donnell Duncan and Cornell Simms
Community Outreach Sub-Committee
Initial ideas for sub-committee based on previous meeting’s discussions.
A. To develop an outreach program to target those who are underrepresented in the water industry who are not currently active in GAWP.
B. Partner with other groups that provide workshops and offer points to water professionals while promoting diversity.
C. Educate/motivate lower level professionals and provide them with opportunities to move up the career ladder.
D. Middle School Mentorship Program- Dwayne Tillman to explore options to help fulfill this effort. Delissa Williams, Joseph Spann, and Cornell Sims are also involved and knowledgeable with educational programs for kids.
6. 2016 Spring Conference – Review presentations and questions for panel discussion.
· The Diversity Committee has a 90 minute (3 session track) in the 2016 Spring Conference (April 26-27 in Columbus, GA). Our session starts at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, April 26th.
· Our theme for the Spring Conference will be “Celebrating Leadership Diversity in the Georgia Water Industry”. Moderator – Cornell Sims
· Review Presentation for Session One: Speakers (Marvin Richards and Keisha L. Thorpe) Diversity 101 – Defining and Developing A Culture of Diversity.
· Review Presentation for Session Two: (Speaker – Donnell Duncan) The State of Leadership Diversity in the Georgia Water Industry – Objective analysis and conclusions from a 2016 GAWP/ GAWWA study/ survey of diversity in Georgia Water Industry leadership. The results of this study will highlight those who have bought into the concept of leadership diversity.
· Review Cover Slide and Questions for Session Three: Moderator: Keisha L. Thorpe; Panelists: Bill Zieburtz (GAWP Chair), Bernard Franks (CCWA Assistant General Manager), Kim Holland (Water and Sewer Director of Marietta Water).
Is There a Realistic and Equitable Path to the Top for Everyone? – A candid panel discussion on opportunities for promotion to upper management in the Georgia Water Industry. Should the composition of upper management reflect the workforce or does it even matter? What management models are available that allow for the elimination of bias in employee evaluation and promotion? What tips can be given to aspiring industry leaders to better their chances of reaching the top?
7. Project Assignments
8. Selection of Next Meeting Date