Who Should Attend?
This is a beginner-level workshop for Civil/Environmental Engineers, Plant Managers/Operators, Consulting/Design Engineers
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM Breakfast/Networking/Introduction/Workshop Objectives
- 8:30 AM – 9:10 AM Session 1 - Pumping System Fundamentals: Types, Classification, Basics of Pumping System – GAWP Pump & Pump Systems Committee
- 9:10 AM – 9:50 AM Session 2 - Pump Selection and Application Considerations: Pumping System Hydraulics, System Requirements, NPSH, Pump Curves, System Curves, Operating Conditions, Variable Speed vs Constant Speed Operation, Analytical Methods and Tools - R. Ravisangar, Ph.D., P.E., Brown and Caldwell
- 9:50 AM – 10:05 AM Break
- 10:05 AM – 11:00 AM Session 3 - Fundamentals of Suction and Intake Hydraulics: Wet well Modeling, Submergence, Suction Piping - D. Werth, PhD., P.E., Clemson Engineering Hydraulics, Inc.
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Session 4 - Water Pumping Station Design: Selection Criteria, Design Standards and Guidelines - D. Werth, PhD., P.E., Clemson Engineering Hydraulics, Inc.
Case Study#1 (Raw Water)
Case Study#2 (High Service Finished Water Pump Station)
- 12:00 – 12:40 PM Lunch
- 12:40 PM – 1:40 PM Session 5 - Wastewater Pumping Station Design: Selection Criteria, Design Standards and Guidelines - D. Werth, PhD., P.E., Clemson Engineering Hydraulics, Inc.
Case Study #3 (Wetwell Pump Station)
Case Study #4 (Tunnel Lift Station)
- 1:40 PM – 2:30 PM Session 6 - System Appurtenance Selection and Controls: Valves, Fittings, Pipelines, Monitoring Equipment, Control Strategies - GAWP Pump & Pump Systems Committee
- 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM Break
- 2: 45 PM – 3:15 PM Session 7 - Pumping Station Contract Documents: Guidelines, Required Analyses, Testing, Checklist - A. Tartaglia, P.E., River to Tap, Inc.
- 3:15 PM – 3:55 PM Session 8 - Design Challenges and Pitfalls: Upgrade, Expansion, Safety, Operation, Mechanical/Maintenance - B. Duane, P.E., Hazen and Sawyer
- 3:55 PM – 4:00 PM Closing Remarks
Printable Registration Form
Need to transfer a registration to another person?
Faxed registrations MUST be accompanied by credit card payment information! Only employees of GAWP Corporate or Utility Members will be permitted to request invoicing or to forward payments after submission of registration. REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS: All cancellations must be received in writing, on company letterhead, and sent to the GAWP office via mail or fax. Phone cancellations are not accepted. All cancellations must be postmarked/fax-dated by December 2, 2015. After December 2, 2015, registrants are no longer eligible for refunds; however, substitutions are welcome. CLICK HERE, for substitutions. NO REFUNDS FOR THOSE WHO REGISTER AND FAIL TO ATTEND.