GEORGIA ASSOCIATION OF WATER PROFESSIONALS
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (LAPD) COMMITTEE
July 30 2015, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
1. Executive Luncheon Update
● Summer Luncheon - How to Market the Cost Effectiveness of Water to Your Customers
- Bill Zieburtz was moderator
- Speakers included Melanie Goetz, Terry Cole and Mike Thomas
● Fall Luncheon – need Topic, Champion and Date. Options include:
- Economic Outlook (an annual favorite)
- Energy Efficiency – Georgia Power and EPA
- Shifting influence of procurement/purchasing departments and impact on utility management
- Executives Under Fire: The Issue Du Jour (employee morale, customer service, revenues/rates, etc.)
- Leadership Lessons – Transitioning From the Economic Slump to the Next Boom
- Workforce Issues: Is Everyone Ready for You To Retire?
- Civil and Criminal Enforcement of Environmental Laws
- Meter Reading Options from an Unbiased Perspective
- IT Outsourcing – Who is Outsourcing What? What is the Future for Outsourcing?
● December Luncheon – Legislative Update
- Need a champion to coordinate
2. Fall Conference
● Do we want a session? Need a champion if so
● Options are DisC presentation, Luncheon topic, others?
3. Leadership Academy Level 1
● Level 1 feedback
4. Status of LAPD Committee
● Goals for this Committee
● More involvement in committee (more energy, new members)
5. Future Meeting Date
● September 2015