Please join us for a tour of the Quarles WTP. The main 1952 filter building, and floc/sed trains are still intact, while demo is ongoing for some of the older structures. Please bring construction site PPE (boots, safety vest, hardhat, and glasses). Lunch will be provided.
GAWP Integrated Master Planning Committee Meeting
Quarles WTP Tour, 489 Water Plant Rd, Marietta, GA 30067
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Please bring construction site PPE (boots, safety vest, hardhat, and glasses)!
1. Welcome/Introductions (volunteer for Secretary?)
2. Industry News
b. Conferences/Events for reference:
i. GAWP Spring Conference: April 10-11, 2018, Jekyll Island
ii. GAWP Annual Conference: July 15-18, 2018, Savanna
3. GAWP Conference Planning –
a. Present to GAWP Board proposal to change the master plan spotlight award to the annual conference
4. Utility Survey Discussion
a. Re-push survey?
5. wastewater master plan (still need to finish) (sub-committee – Jerri, Patrick, Rita, and Rachel)
6. Storm water Outline (is this still a goal?)
7. Master Plan Spotlight Award – (Subcommittee – Clay, Tom), need subcommittee chair
8. Annual and Fall conference programs for master planning
i. Interest in having a joint session with another committee, such as Water or Wastewater Treatment, Finance, water conservation
ii. Have a committee meeting at the annual conference – potentially a social event
iii. Have a committee meeting outside of GAWP
b. Operator Articles – at least two – year in review and the master planning spotlight award
c. Member recruitment/retention:
i. Committee meeting at conferences; introduction to the planning committee
d. Utility survey
i. Present results at annual conference?
9. Lunch and Networking
10. 2017/2018 Meeting Dates – 2nd Wed of the month from 11 am to 1 pm
a. Reschedule as needed to avoid conflicts with other meetings
b. Tentative meeting dates for 2018: Jan 10, Feb 14, Mar 14, skip April?, May 9, Jun 13, skip July, Aug 8, Sep 12, Oct 10, skip Nov, Dec 12
c. Speakers needed for future meetings and conference: idea, suggestions & contacts?
i. Water Loss Committee
ii. Asset Management Committee
iii. Reuse Committee
iv. Finance Committee
v. Energy Optimization
vi. Water-Energy Nexus